Unity SDK learning resources
On this page, you can find out about all the learning resources we provide for SpatialOS’s Unity SDK.
Take the SpatialOS tour to get a high-level introduction to SpatialOS. Through a multiplayer demo game, “Wizards”, it explains the main SpatialOS concepts, and gives you hands-on experience with the main SpatialOS tools.
If you want to find out about building game features on SpatialOS, try out the Pirates tutorial. It’s an in-depth walkthrough all of the main features of SpatialOS and the Unity SDK, and a great introduction to building a SpatialOS game.
You’ll learn how to build and deploy a project, make changes to a SpatialOS world and receive changes from one, and get an introduction to how to design for client and server-side workers.
If you’ve finished Pirates and want to get on with building your own game, you can use these as starting points for your own projects:
- Generic Unity starter project: a basic project that includes a client connection lifecycle and entity spawning.
- VR starter project: a simple multiplayer VR project for Unity. Connect with a VR headset, grab and throw objects.
- Blank project: if you really want to start from scratch, this project provides a minimal example of project structure and build configuration for Unity workers.
Our recipes are smaller tutorials that explain how to implement specific features using the Unity SDK:
- Creating an entity
- Creating an entity at runtime
- Client connection lifecycle
- Player camera visualization
- Connection splash screen
- Implementing a command
- Voice over IP
Source code on GitHub for UnitySDK projects: