Unreal basics tutorial: overview
Learn the principles of working with SpatialOS by adding simple game-like features to an Unreal project.
What you’ll learn
Through the different lessons, you’ll learn :
- how to design game features in a way that takes advantage of SpatialOS
- features of SpatialOS and its Unreal SDK
- command-line and deployment tools that come with SpatialOS
- the local development workflow
- how to deploy the project locally so you can test it, and to the cloud so you can play in multiplayer
You will start with a modified version of our Unreal Starter Project in which your character is represented by a pawn, and you will be adding features using the SpatialOS Unreal SDK.
As you go through the tutorial, you’ll add the following gameplay features:
- Adding simple movement for a bot
- Giving the players the ability to spawn other entities
- Giving the players the ability to shoot
You’ll finish this tutorial with both a conceptual and practical understanding of how to use SpatialOS to build your own game.
Begin the tutorial by starting the first lesson.