Setting up Android support for the GDK
Get the dependencies for developing Android games
- Follow the steps in Get the dependencies and additionally install Android build support for Unity.
- Install Android prerequisites:
- (Optional) Unity Remote - this is Unity’s solution for faster development iteration times.
Set up your Unity Editor
After installing these dependencies, open the Unity project in
- In the Unity Editor, go to File > Build Settings. Select Android and then click on Switch Platform.
- In the Unity Editor, go to Edit > Preferences. In the External Tools window, add the file paths to the tools in the Android section:
|Field||How to find the path|
|SDK||You can find the SDK location by opening Android Studio and selecting Configure from the launcher.|
|JDK||Windows: default path is
|NDK||Use the directory path that you noted down earlier when extracting the Android NDK.|