Setting up iOS support for the GDK
Get the dependencies for developing iOS games
Note: iOS development is only supported on macOS.
- Follow the steps in Get the dependencies and be sure to select the iOS build support component during your Unity installation.
- Install iOS development prerequisites:
Set up your Unity Editor
Most of your interactions with the GDK happen inside your Unity Editor. To get started:
- Open your Unity Editor.
- It should automatically detect your project. If it doesn’t, select Open, navigate to
<path-to-your-project>/workers/unityand select Open.
If you don’t have a SpatialOS Unity project you can use the FPS Starter Project or the Blank Starter Project to get started. If you are using one of these projects, please ensure that you’ve completed the setup steps for those projects before continuing these steps.
- In your Unity Editor, go to File > Build Settings to bring up the Build Settings window.
- In the window, select iOS and then Switch Platform.