[Deprecated] Multiple deployments for session-based games
6: Play your game
Step 1: Launch clients with the Launcher
- Select session_0 from the deployment list. This opens the deployment overview screen.
- Select LAUNCH on the left of the page.
Image: The SpatialOS Console with the game client LAUNCH button highlighted.
- Select the Launch button that appears in the center of the page to open the SpatialOS Launcher. The Launcher automatically downloads a game client for this deployment and runs it on your local machine.
Image: The SpatialOS Console Launch a client pop-up window.
- Once the game client has launched, you see the Example Project start screen. Select QUICK JOIN to join one of your sessions or select BROWSE… to choose from a list of currently running sessions. The default game controls are listed below.
I can see my deployments in my game client, but I can’t join any of them
If you can see your deployments when you select BROWSE but the QUICK JOIN button is greyed out, you might need to add the
status_lobby tag to the deployments.
To do this:
- Open the Console.
- Select the deployment you need to tag from the deployment list.
- On the right-hand side of the screen, under Details, select + add tag.
status_lobbyas the tag name.
- Repeat this for each running deployment.
When you have done this, re-launch your game client and you should be able to join any of the deployments, provided the number of players has not exceeded the maximum.
Image: The Example Project start screen.
Step 2: Try out the default game controls
|Right click||Weapon zoom/ iron sights|
|Number keys 1 - 0||Select weapon|
Step 3: Share your deployment
To share your deployment:
- Open the console and select your session_0 deployment.
- Select Share on the right-hand side of the screen to see the Share Application screen
- In the Share Application screen, accept the terms of service to activate the Get Share URL button
Image: The SpatialOS Console Share Application pop-up window, showing terms of service
- After you have accepted the terms of service, you can send your Share Token URL to other people so they can try out your game.
Image: The SpatialOS Console Share Application screen with terms of service accepted
Congratulations! You have successfully launched and shared a SpatialOS deployment using the Deployment Manager!
If you have an existing Unreal multiplayer project, follow our detailed porting guide to get it onto the GDK.
If you want to start a project from scratch, follow our Template guide to set up a blank project using the GDK.
2019-10-16 Tutorial deprecated
2019-05-21 Page added with editorial review